Have you ever thought of investing in accessories ?
If not, this blog will definitely change your mind for good and for better.
Accessories are defined as embellishments that contribute to the wearer’s outfit. Gone are the days when the word ‘accessories’ only complimented women or only made sense to women. For men, the right accessories can build more than just style - they can add confidence as well as a little ‘oomph’ to your otherwise basic attire. A few accessories can make your entire look but overdoing them at the same time, can butcher your style.
Designers and fashion labels have been increasingly targeting the male customer, as they look to stay relevant in the contemporary world. Still, a majority of men are often inclined towards buying the ‘classics’ instead of being dictated by the ever changing wrath of the fashion cycle. Pulling off men’s accessories is always a tricky ground, therefore, ‘classics’ remain the safest option as they never go out of style. We suggest that you invest in quality rather than quantity. So here’s a quick checklist and a guide from our side to keep you on the style track and help you add personal touch to any outfit.
- Owning a couple of classic belts for men is the very first rule. Choose the colours intelligently - here’s a small secret, black and brown are timeless and will never disappoint you.
- Caution - Rings are not just for weddings. For a well dressed man, rings can be a real style statement. Think of gemstone or gold to go with your suit and traditional wear or think of a sleek platinum that can go with your office wear and add the required bling to your daily outfit.
- Keeping fashion up your sleeve just becomes easy when you own a pair of cufflinks. A well fitted shirt doesn’t do the talking alone unless it is accompanied with cufflinks - an accessory that can elevate your style in seconds. They make sure that you put your best foot forward with every handshake.
- A right watch can serve multiple purposes - a statement piece, a show of power and wealth, a reflection of your personality. Watches have been ruling the fashion world since times immemorial and every man should own just the right piece for themselves.
- Neckwear has been in vogue for centuries and has every reason to be. Ascots, neckties, scarves or bowties are all popular options. The right kind draws attention towards your face and adds a pop of colour even to a fairly boring ensemble. Go experimental with this accessory, they do not have to be boring at all.
- Keep an eye out for eyewear ! The accessory that serves the purpose of function as well as style. The options are endless but choosing one for yourself is not at all a cakewalk. Keep a few things in mind and you are good to go - the structure of your face, the versatility of the eyewear and most definitely, the trends.
- Pocket squares add that one final magical touch to your ensemble. They add a little life to the suit and draw attention towards the wearer. Fun fact, pocket squares are not just a fashion statement, they have a much deeper meaning - if the woman next to you is in tears, they are offered to the lady to dry her tears.
- Last but not the least, how could we forget a man’s love and commitment towards shoes. Oxfords, brogues, derby, chelsea, the list is endless. Just make sure to sync your shoes with your personality and of course your attire. A little suggestion from our side, always go with oxfords if you are in a doubt.
We changed your mind, didn’t we ?